Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Ginger and Jelly Rolls



I am staying at my dear friend Ginger's house this summer and I just talked with her on the phone from California and told her how much I miss our summers of endless knitting and talking on the beach. I told her about the new obsession of making quilts and how I lay them out on her bed to see how they will look. She has a perfect summer bedroom here in Maine with a window looking out to the ocean. Sigh. I already can't wait to see her next summer. If she were here, she might shake me out of my obsessions as she has in the past over exercise or knitting.

But she isn't and I have teamed up with Deb from PDQ Photo in downtown Rockland where she quilts in her tiny hidey hole when she is not printing pictures. She is my quilt tutor. When I couldn't miter, she showed me everything you would ever want to know about mitering. When my stitches bunched up, she made me go home and bring her the thread I used. She insists that I am not threading my bobbin the right way! After the Lobster Festival this weekend, she is going to show me how to sign my quilt appropriately with a template. More on that later!

In any case, here is my daughter, Aretha's Jelly Roll quilt made from Amy Butler's Love line. Aretha insisted on the pink. I am thinking green might have been better, but hey, the consumer is always right! And the Jelly Roll sure looks good on Ginger's bed!




No comments:

Post a Comment