Friday, August 13, 2010

Is Summer Over?




Today someone wished me a good winter. Is summer over? Last night I watched the movie, Coco Chanel and I was so inspired. She was the ultimate fussycutter. She whipped up an outfit minutes before a cocktail party! The dress is an attempt to copy a dress I saw in the Anthropology Catalogue http://www.anthropologie.com/anthro/catalog/productdetail.jsp?subCategoryId=&id=18768556&catId=CLOTHES-DRESSES-SHIRT&pushId=CLOTHES-DRESSES-SHIRT&popId=CLOTHES-DRESSES&sortProperties=&navCount=55&navAction=middle&fromCategoryPage=true&selectedProductSize=&selectedProductSize1=&color=069&colorName=RED MOTIF&isSubcategory=&isProduct=true&isBigImage=&templateType=B1
(and be like Coco). My daughter and I love to look at those hip and cool clothes! I used my Built by Wendy Dirndl pattern and my favorite McCall's shirt pattern called the Perfect Shirt. I am worried it looks a little too Sunday schoolish.

And the apron is for my friend, Sharon who teaches kindergarten. We started with her wanting a yellow shirt, but when we went shopping on the internet, the Hungry Catepillar caught her eye and forget about the yellow shirt! At first she wanted a shirt with the Hungry Catepillar all over it, but I protested and asked her if she really wanted to wear her curriculum. She covers Eric Carle first thing in the school year and she is going to be so hip and cool in this apron. I had a little trouble trying to figure out how to give her pockets without covering the sun's smiling face, but kindergarten teachers need pockets!

Lastly, is a Cicely Mary Barker print throw for my dear little friend, Eva who just had to go to Boston Children's Hospital for some surgery. I found some paperdoll and sticker books to go with and I hope they will help her feel better!

1 comment:

  1. Have to agree with you on the first dress. Might be good for school but not on a date.
    F

    ReplyDelete