Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Obsession





Ok, I admit it. I am pathologically obsessed with sewing and knitting. Why can't I be this obsessed about the reports I need to be writing or the new course for which I need to prep? I am so happy to have hours to myself to sew that I have lost all control...up at 5:30 A.M. after thinking through the night about what I should do differently with my new quilt. Up and ripping out the bottom-too long and making another vertical row. And then...what to do? It is gorgeous outside and thanks to Barb and Ron, I have stayed on at their lovely Primrose Cottage on the ocean. So I pulled out the old table, repaired the leg and moved the sweatshop out onto the deck. Is there anything better than this?

I am trying to make Ashley Williamson's Unfurnished, a free pattern which can be found on the Robert Kaufman site http://www.robertkaufman.com/quilting/quilts_patterns/unfurnished/

For the life of me, I could not figure out how to make the wonky rectangles, so I settled for making a jelly roll out of my fabric and sewing them together and then cutting them into 12 1/2 inch wide rows. I love this fabric by Laurie Wisbrun! This will be great for cozying up on the couch this winter when it is cold. I hope the fabric will hold the warm sun of summer in its soul!



2 comments:

  1. OK...I had a hard time figuring out how to post a comment, but...now...all seems fine...I think.

    Anyway, I love your quilts and am VERY glad to be able to follow your blog!
    Keep it up Cin, you are one hell of an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete