Saturday, July 17, 2010

Machinery

I am on vacation this week! And one thing I have been noticing is how empty my head is from all the day to day details of life, leaving room to be more creative and thoughtful. I put together two quilts this week from fabric I obtained from my new friend and super fabric inspirer, Phiona who owns Nido's in Burlington, Vt. One is with Heather Ross Far Far Away II fabric and the other with Etsuko Furuya Echino. I am so happy with both and Barbara at Alewives has agreed to quilt them for me with her Long Arm.

Have you seen a Long Arm Machine? Well there is a picture of the Millenium which looks like it is operated with a joy stick! Fred and Aretha and I all became fascinated with the world of the Long Arm and suddenly, my vintage 1986 Bernina 930 paled in comparison. Not a big enough arm! Alas. So now I am researching a new machine, but at the end of the day, I will probably just get myself a walking foot and get more experience quilting!

1 comment: