Sunday, March 24, 2013

Old Candide Patterns and Quince and Company



I have been feeling rather nostalgic about my old days raising sheep, dying my own fleece with roots and berries and spinning away.  Oh, those sweaters were ugly, heavy and smelly!  But very organic.  In any case, I was thinking about my old Candide patterns.  I had a hankering to knit up my old Herringbone Raglan, only this time as a V neck.  I obviously don't have any of my old lanolin, naturally dyed, hand spun wool.  I could not find the right weight of yarn anywhere to get the 4 inch gauge on size 10 needles.  And then... I discovered Quince and Company after I saw Phiona's post on the linen she purchased from them.  I went on line and ordered some skeins of Osprey in Snap Pea and Clay.  I am making the Herringbone from Snap Pea and the raglan from the top down in Clay.  I have been so happy, knitting away on these last snowy, windy, gray days of March in Vermont. 






2 comments:

  1. Hello!
    I am interested in buying copies of your Candide knitting patterns. Please contact me at kielyeng@optonline.net when possible.
    Best!
    Madeline

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! OMG!! I too am interested in finding the pattern for the Herringbone Stitch Sweater. I did knit this sweater about 45 years ago and have misplaced the pattern. Any chance you could send me a copy…..
    daisygamelli@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete