Saturday, February 2, 2013

Back in the Saddle

All Set Skirt
I have not been blogging since the Summer.  Sigh.  Such a long time.  And I don't have much to say for myself except that I did have 19 students in this Fall's Psychological Assessment course this year and that meant reworking my course and lots of papers to read.  I also had a busy Fall at work.  But now I welcome below zero temperatures and lots of snow because I can convince myself that it is ok to forgo outdoor exercise in favor of fiber arts!  So  I am recommitting to blogging.

My first post was inspired by the awesome art teacher at school, MC Baker.  She redrew a cover for a photo album I ordered from Apple for Ben this Christmas.  This was a real lifesaver after Moxie chewed up the package on the front stoop!  So I to give back, I made a skirt for her daughter from Anna Maria Horner's new pattern.  The skirt is the cutest and I made it from Lizzyhouse fabric, which I purchased at Nido's in Burlington.  Ziva loves it.  MC wants one in adult size and I think I want one, too.  Anna Maria Horner, could you make an adult size pattern?

My second project is a fabric box from Zakko Style.  You know already that I love Melody Miller!  So I fashioned up a fabric box using her fabrics.  Lots of hand stitching which went by quickly at Snack and Sew at Nido's last month.






Any Way You Slice It
And last and certainly not least is my Denyse Schmidt Any Way You Slice It  quilt-in king size!  This quilt was very fun to make and I made it from a huge pile of fat quarters of her Chicopee line with some solid Kaufman Kona cottons I picked up here and there and from my stash.  I also added some old fabrics from her previous line, Hope Valley.  Then it was so huge, I went to Knits and Bolts in New Haven, Vermont and purchased 108 inch wide fabric for the backing.  Then off it went to Alewives for some long arm quilting in a wind pattern with dark red thread.  I have just finished binding it and had to hang it over my upstairs porch in order to photograph it!  I love the results!

No comments:

Post a Comment