Thursday, August 4, 2011

Hello New Shirt...Good-bye Old Truck

Today I said "Good-Bye" to my trusty old Jeep Cherokee.  Last year I found someone who would give me an inspection sticker after he repaired the hole in the floor and cut the rust off the bottom.  This year, I was told that it was "time."  The frame was broken.  I have had this truck since 1993.  Every single childcare provider had a fender bender in it!  I have pulled my friends, neighbors and myself out of numerous snow banks with it!  Always started, even at below zero temps.  I am hoping that it will be reincarnated into a beautiful metal sculpture or part of a giant sky scraper! 

This is me crying as I say "Good-bye" to my trusty truck
Anyway, for the occasion, I wore my new Echino purple gingham shirt made from a pattern in Wendy's U Sew book.  I used my fancy stitches and made a decorative statement on the top of the pocket!  I went to work wearing it and Pauline in tech said that it inspired her to have a picnic lunch!  Great to have clothing that inspires fun! 

1 comment:

  1. Oh man, that sucks. I'm sorry it was time to let your jeep truck go... it sounds like it had a good life. Enjoy the new shirt, C!

    ReplyDelete