Friday, July 13, 2012

Ahhh, Vacation!

Voila... Voile!  I have been wanting to make a simple patchwork with 4 inch squares from a stack of fat quarters I ordered from Anna Maria Horner last year.  I finally had the time on vacation to sew them together.  I did have a problem with my quilt not being square when I was finished and I don't know how that happened since I was so careful with cutting and sewing.  It might have been my machine quilting process.  For the first time ever, I washed my quilt before sewing the binding on-in hopes that it would square itself!  I finally decided that it is one of those 'live and learn' experiences.  I should have squared it up before I quilted or added a border which I could have squared up.  Oh well!  It is so soft and wonderful!  I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment