Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Swoon

Well, I can't help myself this February break.  I have been working such long hours, I haven't had a chance to be creative with my fabric.  All I can muster up enough energy for at the end of the day is to look at other people's projects.  When I read my friend, Rhea's Blog about the Swoon quilt, I knew I had to give it a try.  I love Anna Maria Horner's Loulouthi line and I started playing around with the colors.  Not sure how happy I am with the first one, but sometimes you don't know til you give it a whirl.  I had such a hard time with the visual spatial aspects of putting it together on the first square, but the second one was much less effortful.

As an aside, I had the pattern on my desk at work and one of the other psychologists asked me if I was learning a new intelligence test.  I said, "No, but learning this quilt has been a humbling experience!"  I like the second colorway a bit better.  I think this is the kind of work where you just have to make a bunch of squares and see what looks good!  I photographed the second on some rare snow we got this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment