Thursday, March 3, 2011

Bags

I made bags for everyone on my staff this year for the holidays. I usually knit something to keep them warm because I once read that one of the major stressor for school psychologists is that they are often cold and wet trudging from one school to the other. So in the past, I have made them mittens, hats, scarves and socks.

This year I was thinking about all the things they have to lug around from school to school...laptops, tests, files, toys, and of course, lunch and snacks! So I made everyone a bag. This is Katie's Sweet Harmony Bag made with Amy Butler fabric. The other Katey also has a Sweet Harmony with Amy Butler Fabric. Miriam, who is teeny weeny has a Frenchie by Amy Butler in Anna Marie Horner. Ginger has the reversable tote by Amy Butler-hockey figures on one side for her hockey life and black on the other for her more sophisticated life. And finally, our intern, Mariel has the Birdy Sling by Amy Butler made with Lizzle House Castle Peeps.

So much fun outfitting my staff. I think it is why they continue to do this important work in sometimes very stressful situations.

2 comments:

  1. Ooh. Wow. Ooh. Wow. That is a LOT of bagmaking.

    That Sweet Harmony looks like a million, Cindy!

    XO,

    Rhea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cindy! Wow! Lovely!! Where is my bag??

    ReplyDelete