Sunday, January 16, 2011

Velveteen

I have been on a bit of a velveteen craze. My daughter teases me because I love velvet and have alot of it-in the attic because there is never anywhere to wear it in Vermont! I love the skirt pattern from Anna Marie Horner. It is called the Proper Attire Skirt. It has pockets and is very complimentary with the lower waistband. Not sure I would go with the contrasting waistband, next time. It is hard to figure out what to wear on top!

And, as usual, Rhea from Alewives didn't let me down! She recommended this Amy Butler Sandlewood jacket pattern-cinchy and reversible. I made it with Anna Marie Horner's velveteen from Nido's on one side and some Shot Cotton (Kaffe Fassett) from Stitched on the inside. Many compliments when I wore it to school on Friday!

Now I am off to work on more practical things like baby quilts for the Spring babies on their way!

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, Cindy, that jacket looks awesome! I am so jealous you have one in velveteen. Now I'm gonna have to make one!

    XO,

    Rhea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rhea! Have you experimented with anything to close the jacket? I don't know about Maine, but it is cold here!

    Be on the Lookout-sending some ice cream coupons with my quilt for a little girlfriend present!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cindy, I want one, PLEASEEEEEEEE XO Sharon

    ReplyDelete