Sunday, December 25, 2011

Hand Made Christmas

 When my friend, Tom turned 60, I made him a pair of socks.  In the past decade, every evening, he dons a pair of my handmade socks.  When he had his ankle fused two years ago, they were the only socks that would fit over his cast.  He flaunts them and when people ask where they can get a pair, he tells them they can't.  He insists on a pair every year and I oblige him!  Merry Christmas, Tom!

Fred has been making pillow cases like crazy.  He watched a UTube video on the hot dog method of pillow case construction.  He has made 36 pillow cases this season.  Here are Tom and Connie's Laurel Burch print pillow cases.  Sweet dreams!



And Connie loves birds.  I made her this basket from an Ink and Spindle kit I picked up from Nido's in Burlington.  We filled it full of goodies to keep up her youthful appearance!

Connie made me this incredible frame out of all found materials.  The little figure on the left hand side is my daughter, complete with two different color eyes!  Can't wait to put a picture of my girl in it!

No comments:

Post a Comment