Wednesday, March 9, 2011

The Mitten Story


Once upon a time, I took a class to learn how to make Norwegian Star Mittens. The final mittens were a gorgeous light blue with a white star pattern. I took them home and washed them and when I took them out of the washer, I was disappointed to see that they were very, very, very small...

So, I offered them to one of my favorite 3rd grade girls. She knocks on my window everyday on her way out to recess. I opened the window and asked her if she would like them. The little girl standing nearby said, "Oh, I wish I had mittens like that...my hands are so cold in these thin gloves." My third grade gal looked at the girls hands, the mittens, the other little girl and handed them to her. So, of course, I had to make her her very own pair. I gave them to her today and it just happened to be her birthday! Here she is in her sparkley birthday dress.

1 comment:

  1. That little girl is gorgeous (inside and out). What a nice story, Cindy, thanks for sharing!

    XO,

    Rhea

    ReplyDelete